domingo, 24 de abril de 2011

Chocolate & Procrastination

Technically, right now I should be striving to start on my next week's readings... However, I keep receiving messages from my body, that is extremely satisfied at this moment by just lying down and having a bit more chocolate. And, you know, I rather listen to its needs than face a rebellion afterwards.
So now I'm just, well, here. Read an essay written by Tolstoi on how superficial Shakespeare really is, read the first two chapters of Jane Eyre (found it too depressive for an Easter Sunday and moved onto lighter themes, though) and now I finished reading "Lost Illusions", by Balzac (really, really good, btw).
It's evident how lazy and unproductive (from the academic point of view) my day has been so far. But, you know what? It's perfect the way it is. Life is better now and I'm not wasting any minute of  happiness anymore. One thing that last year's experiences taught me was that life is too short and can end at any minute, regardless of age or health.
The nighmare is over, so why should I be so uptight about living my life the way I want?
Happy Easter,
XX

0 comentários:

Postar um comentário